5/4/11

shake it off

Got to spend most of my ride in this morning shaking off the adrenaline rush from nearly getting sideswiped by some chick swooping into the bike lane on Fullerton to drop someone off. She was close enough for me to knock on her window on my way by so I could be sure she saw me flip her off. I'm regretting that now as my messed up middle finger is starting to swell a little but it had to be done.

I was hoping a lenten season spent trying to curb my over-eager middle-finger-ing on the bike would last past Easter, but that doesn't seem to be the case. Some other idiot got a passing finger after blocking the bike lane at the back of a line of traffic. She'd be damned if anyone was getting past her on either side, bike or car. After nearly getting clipped I wasn't in a patient mood so she got the finger along with some derogatory shouts.

The great part of all of this is in a few weeks my commute will be that much longer, giving me even better odds of having to interact with some retard on their phone or stuffing their face with burger king takeout while they haphazardly drive to work. Both of which I've already seen this morning, both of which make me want to throw my ulock through a window.

I'm taking a long ride up to lakeshore campus this afternoon and potholes or not, I'm taking the path for as long as possible to avoid all these idiots in cars. It's gonna be a long end of the week.

Current beer-scale: 9.1

No comments: