8/28/10

Yeah, not for me

Rode in my first critical mass last night, for all of about a block. Stayed late last night, and wanted the full mileage for the week vs taking the late route home. Zipped down the path, got off at Fullerton and turned to head down to Webster. Made the turn onto Webster, saw a line of bikers heading north up Clark.

Crap.

Critical mass is no-where on my radar, and now I know that's with good reason. I've been out and seen rides before, but never actually had my way blocked by one. I was even on a bike, and there was no way I could get directly through. This was in addition to the two doofuses arguing with the guy in a car at the light who was getting pissed.

At least I had the option of going with the flow. Turned north with the crowd, made my way left and turned west the wrong way into Belden. Good enough for me. Laughed maniacally as I turned south back to Webster, even with the hassles. That block+ was more than enough for me to confirm that I never have to actually go on a full mass ride.

Current beer-scale: 4.2

No comments: