8/26/10

"Go on then, if you think you're hard enough."

Whew.
A scenic morning hid a brutal ride in this morning, a never-ending battle against a stiff headwind. Despite the nagging allergy feelings that come with the season change inching forward, I was in a pretty good mood until someone I had passed decided to creak back up to me, wheezing all the way.

I understand the temptation to draft off someone on a day like today. Hell, I did it myself earlier in the week when I got passed on the right and it pissed me off. I latched on and didn't let go. But something about it struck me as annoying this morning so off I went. Maybe it was the idea of someone speeding up only to stop right on my wheel, maybe it was wondering why they had picked me when I was just minding my own business. Whatever reason, it wasn't happening this morning.

In hindsight, it might not have been the best idea. The day has settled in, and I have no idea how to make it to 5:00. It will get here sooner or later, it always does.

Current beer-scale: 1.8-actually managed to have a beer last night, that might do for a while.

No comments: