6/30/10

All this time on my hands

So I might as well ride. And for all the riding I've done, and running, I've never actually checked out the circle drive to Navy Pier. It's not my favorite spot in the city but with all the free time I've got I might as well have. It's not the most exciting, but there's good people and dog watching.
That's a 'new' saddle, new to me at least, from ebay earlier this week. The bike's getting its grit, even if I'm not. Slightly dingy but much more butt-appropriate than the gel-filled monster the mother-in-law had on.
I admit, the reason I wanted to ride was to test a possible commute, but I think that's getting way ahead of myself. Yet again there's a holiday coming up, so all thoughts of actually getting hired and working get put on the backburner to make room for booze and relaxation. Relaxation from what, I couldn't tell you. But it's there all the same.

Current beer-scale: 4.3

No comments: