12/16/09

the unemployment beard gains steam

I realized last night as the wife went to bed that unemployment has effected me to the point of even shifting my sleep cycle. Part of that is probably my starting to take advantage of having the entire day free to take a nap after running. There are few things I enjoy more than getting back into bed after a 7-degree run with the dog and a quick shower. But that also keeps me out of bed later and later into the night.

Of course that means I'm starting to get more and more unemployed and trying not to worry about it. After going a week without an interview getting me to shave, my whiskers have transitioned to a full-fledged beardling. Not quite a beard but almost.

The search continues, and really it's just more of the same. Occasionally something will really catch my interest but within two weeks of Christmas, I doubt anyone will be doing any hiring until after new years. With no other choice I guess I can wait. I need to read up on interview tips anyway, based on prior engagements.

Still, staying home with the dog has really grown on me. I have no idea how either of us will adjust if I ever find gainful employment again. And right now, I'm not in a real hurry to find out.

Current beer-scale: 9.2


No comments: