9/11/09

Is football on yet?

One more day until more football. ND-Michigan, all the excitement I need. To take my mind off things and stretch my legs a bit, I took a ride down to Millennium Park and checked out the cycling center. Turned out to be a great day for a ride.


I don't know what I was expecting, but what I found certainly wasn't that. I think I was imagining something like an overpass rest-stop, but really there were just some indoor racks and a maintenance center. The most prevalent thing I saw were a number of signs designating each area as member-only. Which made it kind of hard to see anything interesting, since I'm not a member. And the one person I talked to about it didn't really seem to care, so away I went. So no pictures for after this paragraph.

There was more walking involved in getting to a cycling center than you would think, but that was my fault. Instead of getting off at Randolph and heading straight to the center I went a little past and took side streets, but there was too much traffic to really ride. I ended up walking through the park itself afterwards, which looked way too much like fall for my liking. Look at all the brown/orange in this picture.

With that boring little side trip wrapped up, I phoned the wife to see if she was free for lunch. Alas, she wasn't. So I headed home to drag the dog to the pet store for food and treats, and now it's back to the grind of looking for jobs and waiting for football. At least there's beer tonite; there's always beer.

Current beer-scale: 7.0

No comments: