7/24/09

Now, will it stop?

Fun times today, with a new brake lever coming in the mail and setting it up on Frankenbike.

I've had the flop & chop done for months, and wasn't planning on setting them up until after a pass with some rattle cans (managing to actually buy spray paint was an entirely separate adventure, but more on that in a few weeks). Fitting everyting together was practically installing it anyway though, so why not strip the old bars and use them to wrap the bullhorns. What the hell, it beats packing for a while.
Again I'm not the most mechanically savy, but this is pretty simple stuff. Work through the new cable, put the cover on, line up the lever, adjust the brake, you're all set. I was done before I even thought to take the normal maintenance shot, let along a before and after. But I have those anyway.
Before: the old set up after a long BTD

After: looking spry and ready for a test ride.

Not crazy with how short the cable got before the brake was actually completely closing and opening, but it seems to be working fine. Now, the question above: will it stop?

We'll see. I'll likely test it this weekend, before a ride downtown to meet the wife after work for our three-year anniversary dinner. Something I definitely have to make it to alive, so hopefully everything is all set.

Current beer-scale: 5.9

No comments: