7/29/09

Yikes

Saw two really weird run-ins involving bikes yesterday evening out with the dog.

The first was a chick who ran a stop sign in-front of a cop turning onto Damen. When he said she should have stopped, she replied she did which got him worked up enough to come up and stop her, asking for ID just as the wife and I were walking by. This chick had a couple strikes against her already; cubs traffic, aggravated cop, no helmet, the last thing she needed to do was tell the cop he was wrong. But evidently she didn't get a ticket, b/c she ran the next stop sign down the street, and the cop just watched her do it. Whatever.

The second not so whatever. Walking back east on School, at the Lincoln/Marshfield/School intersection, we were waiting for the light to change to cross Lincoln. Up from behind us comes a couple on bikes, but the guy's got a kid-trailer (with a kid visibly in it!) as he rolls right up and through the intersection. Traffic was crossing! I was terrified, my wife was terrified, even the dog was wondering what the hell this guy was doing. The chick with him even yelled for him to stop, as he was getting honked at by someone slamming on the brakes on Lincoln. Christ almighty, why some people decide to have kids is beyond me. He might as well have put a bullseye on that trailer and rolled it into traffic.

Check those mad photoshop skills

I'm not perfect biker, and I have my share of close calls. In fact, I plan on riding a bike on which I may or may not be able to stop to dinner tonite. But jeez, I'm not endangering my genetic offspring. Maybe he's doing everyone a favor; having already ensured his traits surviving, he's trying to correct the situation by having his kid run over.

Current beer-scale: 7.3

No comments: