7/20/09

Hey Frenchie!

Ah yes, the annual return of the spandex-clad commuter. A rare breed, they habitually migrate in solitary patterns during the 3 week stretch of Tour de France coverage. Although photographic evidence is notoriously difficult to capture due to both the terrain covered by and the speed of the species, these commuters are instantly noticeable in their skin-tight, day-glo uniforms and obvious disdain for commuters in less clingy fabric.

After a day moving a friend into their new house, I was happy just to be able to stand, let alone bike today. Seeing someone commuting with a big bag over their shoulder while in complete road-kit gear only made it that much better. Now if I can only stand back up out of my chair...

Current beer-scale: 6.1
ETA:
Ha! I love this city. Mock and ye shall find. Note the tight fabric in bright, coordinated colors, bulging knapsack, and slumped-but-not-quite-in-the-drops posture. This particular specimen was particulary noisy on the way by, announcing his presence with the squeak of a chain that sounded like it needed to be lubed. It gave me plenty of time to dig my phone out and steady myself to capture the evidence of his passing. Vive la France!

No comments: