5/22/09

no need to yell dude

Yeah, it gets crowded this time of year. For some reason, people like to get outside when it's nice. And when that happens, everyone has to at least try to get along. After complaining about the elements all winter, I'm not going to complain about people heading outside when it's finally nice out. And yeah, yesterday was fucking great.

That doesn't mean you should get your Florida State jersey in a bunch when there are people out with you on the lakefront path. You don't need to yell out "Lefts" and shake your head at everyone who dares to be out at the same time you are. If anything, pick a different time to go for a ride other than rush hour, and still try not to be a douche when you do.

This guy needs to chill out


I'm not entirely comfortable calling someone out on their behavior, in part b/c I know I'm an asshole too. I have little patience for someone kitted out going well slower than I want to go and acting like he's riding in the tour de fucking france. I sneer at having to wait to pass him b/c I don't want to be as big a jerk but blast by him the first chance I get, shaking my head the entire time.

Who cares. Anyone with half a brain realizes it's going to be a typically crowded day when temperatures are in the 90's. If it bothers you that much to have to pass people on foot, don't go out at all. Try to relax and have some fun, and maybe next time try and do it going a little faster when you have the space.

I'm trying to relax too. This weather will be gone before you know it.




Current beer-scale: 6.6

No comments: