5/19/09

I'm disappointed in myself. I've been trying to use "fuck you" less, and replace it with "good for youuuuuuuuu" a la Christian Bale. I don't mind cursing, I just think the quote is hilarious and the thought of randomly yelling at someone makes me laugh. Well, when someone takes a u-turn in front of you from a parking spot in front of the Clarks on Belmont (I'd mention what he was driving but all I noticed was how my tires were skidding as I slammed on the brakes) it's hard to remember to try something new. Instead, it was just "HEY! Watch the fuck out!" Like I said, I'm disappointed.

New pedals helped though, even though I was terrified at the prospect of actually working the old ones off. With the hockey game about to start, I moved everything into the bedroom with a second tv (the wife tivo's Idol) with a big beer and settled in to get to work.

Unbelievably, I had the old pedals off before the game was even on. Usually I'd have to question that but the game was about to start so it was down to buisness.
I went with plain steel & aluminum MKS platforms, along with toe clips. I wanted something solid, and these seem to fit the bill. But again, budget trumps everything else and these fit that bill as well.
So with a little grease on they went. I needed something solid b/c I am not a little man, and as usual the sheer beefiness of my hands got slightly in the way when it came to getting the clips on. "Beefiness" is good for a lot of things, and while that would be a postive dealing with some components, when it comes to the hands working on the components it's not always a good thing.
Everything's on though, and amazingly with no hockey missed. So I can finish my beer now and trust to my mechanical skills when it comes to getting to work tomorrow (fingers crossed).
Current beer-scale: 4.3

No comments: