1/5/09

aw crap.

A deceptively cold 37 degrees yesterday morning had me out without a full facemask, a mistake I did not make today. One of the few things in life I am optimistic about is winter weather not lasting as long as it does, and when I see temps practically in the 40's I want to believe it actually feels like that outside. Not so.

Today it was back to layers 3 and 4, and even though my mustache was freezing while I was out with the dog the ride wasn't unbearable. For a split second today, the car was a distinct temptation. But turning the mileage count back to zero for the year took care of that.

The hardest part so far this week has been getting back to the normal grind. Even though I still worked most of last week, with the wife on vacation I could sleep in an extra hour and just start the day on the bike. With the sun out that's a pleasant enough way to start the day. Now, it's back to waking up in the dark and heading out with the dog on foot. Slightly less fun.

At least there's whiskey. There's always whiskey.

Current beer-scale: 7.7 (obviously, converted from the whiskey-scale)

No comments: