12/30/08

The only people who haven't taken this week off are bike commuters and volunteers. I saw more bikes this morning than I have in the last month total, and of course our office is always full of volunteers.

At first glance you would think only the crazies bike in this kind of weather but the more I'm out in it, the less crazy it seems. Today was the same as yesterday, a great sunrise into a slightly cloudy sky with temps in the 30's. The only thing I have to worry about on a day like that is getting the gigantic hole in the crotch of my pants caught on my saddle if I shift around too much. It's no different than biking in October.

It's too bad though, b/c I was just thinking about spring and how it's going to bring out a lot more bikers than I've seen lately, and suddenly there's a whole group of them as I'm riding in. I like it so much more when I'm the only person out. I can't help it--I'm antisocial that way.

Current beer-scale: 3.3 after a handful of smithwicks last night.

No comments: