12/1/08

that's why you always write a note

Well fuck. If that's not the price I pay for being lazy, I don't know what is. Frankenbike flatted yesterday just before I turned onto Belmont on the way home. After a long day, walking the last mile or so home didn't really put me in the mood to deal with replacing tubes and all that so I just decided to ride the Rush Hour in today. Ooops. The first real snow of the year was on the ground, if not the roads. But screw it, driving wasn't an option. And the ride wasn't awful. The roads were fairly clear, and I managed to stay up the entire time. That's still not something I want to put a new bike through on a daily basis though. At points I was wishing I had a pair of 30's on instead of the 23's. They were a little thin for some of the slush this morning. So tonite it's time to settle in and get some tires back together. Oh boy. It keeps getting whiter and whiter out there though, so my hopes for the ride back are not nearly as high as I would like them to be right now. I'm not quite done regretting not putting a new tube on last night.

Switching tubes would have been a better way to spend Sunday night than watching the Bears blow one against the Vikings, but oh well. When you can't punch it in from the 2 in 4 tries and then let up a 99-yard TD pass the very next play you really don't deserve to win anyway. Between the flat, the Bears, and the tivo deciding it didn't want to work with our wireless network at home anymore, it was an aggravating night. Thankfully, that's all in the rearview. Eventually the tivo and I worked things out, and I still rode today so I'm taking it on faith that this week will get better as it goes along.

As long as I can get used to things looking like this. Crap.

Current beer-scale: 6.6

No comments: