12/2/08

"muffled curse words"

Dammit dammit dammit. Another flat, and at this point I'm ready to just chuck the bike over a random fence in the neighborhood and walk away. This one was a little closer to work, so I just said "fuck it, I'm not turning around" and trudged my way in. Not the smartest thing in the world and definitely not the safest either, but I made it in.

I'm starting to get sick of this sight.

What's so aggravating is that switching everything seemed to go well last night. It was an easy fix, and everything seemed ready to go by the time I was done. Next thing I knew, I was trying not to lose it on some ice and I was bouncing around on a flat tire. Well fuck.


Ultimately, I think I've over-tightened some of the spokes to keep the wheel from rubbing to the point where they're sticking out of the inside of the rim and they're popping tubes everytime I go over a small bump in the road. Honestly though, fuck if I know what's causing it. All I know is that I'm probably driving to work for the rest of the week, and that's not really helping.

Current beer-scale: 8.4

No comments: