10/15/08

Yeah, not quite

Yesterday's post about taking Frankenbike out for a test commute might have been a little hasty. The slight rubbing from the morning had become a louder kind of thumping noise by the time I made it home. Maybe the wheel's just out of true enough to really get noisy after a long ride, honestly I have no idea. I straightened it back out eventually last night but don't think I did anything more than how I had it before the test ride. This project really is starting to wear on me.

With vacation almost here (approx. 30 hours away, not that I'm counting) it looks like winter bike is back on hold for a while. There are plenty of things I could use a break from, we'll just add this to the list. I'll take another look at it when we're home again and take another test ride, this time on a Sunday.

In the meantime, I have to get my act together about this trip. Yes I always pack at the last minute anyway, but I have a dog to drop off in the 'burbs tonite and still haven't figured out how I'm getting to the airport tomorrow. Ah, the little things. It doesn't really compare to facebook updates from people on their honeymoon about running to catch trains, but it's still fun and my first vacation in over a year.

"Boo hoo! We had to run with all our luggage to catch a train in Venice! Life is so hard." Cry me a river.

Vacation vacation vacation vacation! Vacation!

Whoa, sorry about that. I think it's as good a place as any to stop for now.

Current beer-scale: 7.1

No comments: