10/14/08

Well Frankenbike is officially rideable now. Today was a trial run with the winter set up and there were less problems than I expected. The rear tire was still rubbing in one spot and that was damn annoying to hear each time around, but I think that's fixable. We'll see how things go if it rains later today.

Fenders, maybe new reflectors, and that's it. Other than a front-pull lever. And whatever else pops up. Still, I can't help but be slightly surprised it's actually come together at all.

Unsurprisingly, after nearly two-days living the old bachelor life again, I'm on much less sleep and much worse food. The food part is great, the sleep, not so much. I hate the wife's annual conference, even when it gives me a chance to get out of town for a few days afterwards. This year is no different so far, even if it's the lead-in for the first vacation I've had in 11 months. Pathetic I know, but I miss my wife.

Current beer-scale: 5.7 (I'm almost convinced I can start drinking again after Saturday)

No comments: