10/12/08

driver, bring me another bourbon

Not just un-car-lite, but limo-heavy. Ah the joys of mixing drinks at 50 mph. And then drinking them. If only the photo were a little blurrier, b/c that's how it felt at the time.

It always strikes me as a little bittersweet the day after friends from all over the county have a chance to spend time together, only to scatter the following morning. True the newlyweds usually do anyway, but this time the wife was out to a conference and I'm on my own for a few days so I'm going to mope about it. I'm sure feeling slightly out of sorts after about 15 double jack & cokes isn't helping either.

I can't help but feel a little guilty about cramming 13 people into crazy-ghetto stretch limo and driving to different photo locals as I become more & more anti-car (actually, I feel guilty about a few things from yesterday. seriously, 15 jack & cokes? that's like a case of soda alone. no wonder I don't feel so hot). But hey, it wasn't my wedding and I was just along for the ride. It was fun, and I think I'm going to focus on that feeling over everything else.

Current beer-scale: 1.1 (burp)

No comments: