5/9/08

Holy crap that was cold. 47 F when I left this morning and a lot lower biker density on the road on the way in. After being able to ride in shorts with it in the seventies that felt colder than it should have.

Not an unpleasant ride though. I was surprised to be one of the few people on my route, versus having to navigate around packs of fellow commuters like earlier in the week. I also feel bad about how much more I enjoyed this ride and how much of that is tied to being the only bike on the road for most of the time. Maybe a lot of people just had today off, or maybe anything under 50 F is too cold to only wear a spandex body suit so the bike stayed in the garage. These days, I'd rather layer and not drive in just about any weather.

Also on the plus side, my farmers tan was already off to a great start earlier in the week. Between the bike, the dog, and softball in another month I'll look like I spent May out planting corn. Outstanding.

No comments: