10/14/14

So enjoy the ride

You never know where the day is going to take you.  I woke up this morning dreading spending another day in the office, and suddenly I found myself at the pediatrician's office instead.  And I liked that a lot better actually, even with the puke.

My boss saw me leaving in a full suit yesterday, so I think it would be pretty easy for him to figure out I was on my way to an interview.  I wasn't really looking forward to getting asked about it today, but then I got an email from another application I've got out for a supplemental questionnaire and that took up most of my attention.  Just as I was finishing that, the wife called saying our son was refusing to get off the floor and barfing all over the daycare, so there I was on my way home.  

A ride home, a nap, a webinar, more puke, a doctor's appointment, it all made for a much more enjoyable day than I initially expected.  I feel bad saying that too, since even though it's not serious he now has a fever and it's going to be a long night, but I liked it way more than a day in the office.  

Current beer-scale: a tired 6.6

No comments: