10/10/14

Get up, get down, get a drink

I was feeling a little down about the job search so I went back to reread some of my 2009-10 posts from when I was completely unemployed the other day.  They actually made me feel even worse, b/c I might have been completely out of work then but it seemed like I was in a better mood most of the time.  And, the dog looked so young and happy in all of the pics I posted of her.  Her tearing her ACL has really been a downer. 

Maybe it was easier to feel positive when I was totally unemployed since it was spring.  Looking for a new job all year to the point where it's fall already isn't really helping my attitude.  The closer we get to the end of the year the smaller my window is to get out of here, which does not make me feel good about prospects. 

But then I get a late email from another university about a similar position, and I have an interview set up for Monday.  If I nail the interview and the pay is above where I'm at now, I'm out of here.  Two big "ifs," but that's enough to get through the next couple of days.  Drinks, football, interview prep, sounds like a good weekend. 

Current beer-scale: 7.1

No comments: