5/30/14

That was a surprise

At the end of April I turned down a job offer from a non-profit in Evanston.  The salary wasn't in my range and as much as I'd like to go somewhere else, if it doesn't feel like a perfect fit I'm not going to say yes (unless the money is huge). 

There have been days since that I regretted that decision, so imagine my surprise when the hiring manager called me back out of the blue yesterday to touch base and see what a bigger number would mean in my decision making.  Again, not really a great sign that apparently no one wants to do the job at the salary they've set, but if I'm the top choice and they're coming back to me again it's a nice ego boost at least.

And now to buy some cheap whiskey and start enjoying my weekend.

Current beer-scale: an apple infused 7.8

No comments: