12/6/11

when you see a swat team, turn around

Well that was a bust. On multiple levels.

I stupidly decided to stay on the path and take Wilson last night, which first resulted in walking through some wave spray and ended with a flat and walking the last 10 blocks.

The flat probably happened when I hit a metal plate covering some road work as I was trying to get around the bad traffic that had sprung up. Traffic was terrible on Wilson b/c everyone was rubbernecking at the tactical units on the street dealing with a standoff:

http://www.suntimes.com/9268140-417/three-surrender-after-6-hour-standoff-on-north-side.html

Didn't know that at the time, but there was a report on WGN this morning. Insane.

Anyway, switched tubes when I got home, took Lincoln this morning. Puttered along, didn't have to worry about anything. I guess that's the way to go from now on.

Current beer-scale: 4.3

No comments: