10/29/11

"Actually, we've got a pretty nice little Saturday planned"

Ah adulthood and home-ownership. Where the thought of having a new bed delivered makes your weekend.

I love my ikea bed, but it's been 10 years and the mattress is kaput. And with the wife expecting it was time to upgrade to a king-size.
The ikea has been through a lot. 6 moves, first cohabitation, marriage, the dog, all have left their mark on a bed and mattress that cost less than the king-size mattress we bought to replace it. I still remember how happy I was to put it together and spend my first solo night in the biggest bed of all time. Out of respect I decided to wait until this morning to take it apart and spend one more night in it. So much for letting the roomba take care of the floor under the bed. That's only 4 months worth of dust. Not even close to how gross it was under there when we moved but still not great.

If the bed was getting delivered, I might as well have the delivery guys put everything together too. They were super fast, despite noticing some of my ND stuff around and talking football. Add that to liking the look of the dog and they got a nice tip.
Throw a cheap set of sheets on that bad boy and the old comforter and we're ready to go. Wow that really is big enough to merit a new king-size comforter. Oh boy, another weekend spent at home stores. Better rest up.

Current beer-scale: 5.7

No comments: