7/8/11

I'm out!

Not really. But yesterday was about as close to rage-quitting in the middle of a commute than I've ever been. I got stuck behind two turds on Wilson who thought it'd be funny to run every stop sign they could and get as close to getting hit as possible. And who has to deal with the drivers they've pissed off? Me, the guy behind them. When I started rooting for them to get hit I knew I had to bail and take a different route. Christ what a couple of assholes.

Big difference so far today, with my fastest ride since I started tracking them this week w/an app and a trip to starbucks so I wouldn't have to make coffee at the office.

The highlight of my day so far.

I'm usually not into metrics and stats for a commute, but since this app lets you win prizes every day you ride during the tour I figured I might as well give it a shot. It's actually kind of addicting to see the exact mileage of a route (when GPS is fully functioning) and know the split for each mile. This morning I dug in early and held it up for the entire route, and miles 4 through 7 were all under 3:00, leading to the quickest commute this week.

And since it's going to be a nice Friday afternoon by the time I'm back on the bike and the path will suck balls, this morning's ride will likely stay the fastest. Now I just have to find a few minutes to ride both days this weekend. That's the problem with addictions--once you're hooked, you're hooked.

Current beer-scale: 8.1 (speaking of addictions)

No comments: