4/26/11

For fuck's sake

I know not everyone understands why people bike to work. Hell, I do it and sometimes I don't understand why. Today happened to be one of those days. But with gas still slowly creeping towards $5/gallon and Chicago dealing with the highest gas prices in the country, I don't understand how the holy fuck car traffic could be so backed up either.

I might still drive occasionally, but I will laugh my ass off this summer as gas prices go absolutely nuclear. Picture the clusterfuck on lakeshore drive during the snowpocalypse, then imagine a summer where people are abandoning their cars where they stop b/c they're completely out of gas. And there's me, on a bike, gleefully weaving around some douchebag blocking the bike lane.

It almost puts a smile on my face just thinking about it.

Current beer-scale: 8.9

No comments: