4/6/11

bonked

Big rides today, with an AM meeting up in RoPo & a long ride back downtown for an unfortunately "can't miss" meeting in the PM. Despite spending an extremely long time in the saddle so far today I'm feeling pretty good, which is more than I can say for frankenbike. I don't think it's had this much mileage in one day since BTD years ago. At least I remembered to make sure the tires were full before I left this morning.

The first meeting was late enough that I could drive the wife to work and take the dog on a longer walk off-leash in a park, my favorite way to start any day of the week. The rain was just starting as I left this morning but stayed relatively light until I made it up north.


Not the best looking day, but not terrible. It started raining harder on the way into the office, which is why I didn't stop to take a picture of the weird old guy in a speedo climbing out of the water around North Ave.

Now I just have to stay awake for a short ride home tonite. I'm torn on the issue of path vs streets; I've seen a lot of lycra out lately on the path but don't really have the patience for a neighborhood ride tonite. We'll see what happens.

Current beer-scale: 8.8

No comments: