7/20/10

Earning that paycheck

It's amazing how much one piece of paper with your name and a new title on it can do for one's spirits. To walk into my new office yesterday, w/my name next to the door and know that I had some big projects ahead of me felt great. Thankfully, after a full day and a half, that feeling hasn't lessened. If anything, I'm getting a clearer picture of exactly just how many things I actually have to do now, which is a lot more than I'm used to.

So good for me. Today is also the last day I have to put up with the train on a regular basis, b/c screw lasting the first week tomorrow I'm back on the bike. Scoped out the commute yesterday, sweated my balls off on the train this morning, that's enough wait time. The pilot comes to work with me from now on.

Look out Lincoln Park.

Current beer-scale: 8.4

No comments: