6/16/10

Oh look, the sun.

I've found it difficult to support Bike to Work week this year. That's most likely due to not having work to bike to, but I'm trying not to let that get me down. I have the second of three interviews this week later today, and just schedule a fourth for next week. So there's less time than I would like to take the new ride out, but things are picking back up, and sooner or later one of these interviews will result in something. I hope.

Hope is the tricky thing here. A large part of me can't believe I'm still unemployed, b/c I've past all the markers I had in my head that I had hoped to be gainfully employed by. Christmas, New Years, birthdays, spring, baseball...Bike to Work week was honestly the last marker I had bothered to think up as far as "gosh I had better have a job by then." And I don't. It's not the end of the world, but it is disconcerting. The one-year marker is sneaking ever closer.

The best thing about this current batch of interviews is that one of them I didn't even apply to directly, but my resume got passed to someone from the job fair I went to last week. At the time I didn't have much faith anything could come of it, but I was still glad I went to even make the possibility of a connection. I got a call out of the blue yesterday about something I'm really interested in and excited about. That's exactly the kind of story it takes to break out of the unemployment slump. Fingers crossed.

Current beer-scale: 8.1

No comments: