4/28/10

I had an interesting phone interview the other day. Actually, it was more of an experience than an interview. And why is that? B/c 40 minutes after the scheduled phone call, I still hadn't heard anything and emailed the woman I thought was going to be calling asking if we should reschedule.

One trend I've noticed in this job search versus my last one is that people are using group emails to set up preliminary phone interviews with candidates. They're usually just blocks of time and a request to list which times work for you with no other contact info other than the email. So when something like that happens, there's no number to call to check in or anything.

Evidently the interviewer had tried to call but hadn't gotten through. And instead of leaving me a voicemail or phone number just moved onto the next candidate. Granted, with the numbers of applicants I've been told people are getting I don't really blame her for moving on. But I would have appreciated at least a way to call her if she couldn't call me. She asked to reschedule, but at that point I felt it was in my best interest to withdraw and move on myself. That's if I can get by the sneaking suspicion that my phone is absolute crap. How many times has that happened where someone couldn't get through and just moved on? I'm going to be totally paranoid about this now.

Besides, I've got enough apps out there eventually I'll get lucky. Except with the Red Cross, who evidently either don't pay anything or don't read the entire applications they get. I've applied there twice, and each time gotten an email about how due to my "salary expectations" I'm not a viable candidate. Remembering that after the first one, I greatly reduced my salary guess and included a note on the second application that salary wasn't as important to me than finding a position where I was supporting a mission I could get behind. Still, same email. Oh well.

Back to the grindstone. Besides, it's too nice out now to work anyway. The dog agrees.
No I will not get in the car daddy.

Current beer-scale: 2.3, low after last night's game 7

No comments: