2/24/10

Group outbreaks of cabin fever

There are more and more people out in the mornings while the dog and I are running. And even though doesn't seem like things are getting noticeably any nicer out than it's been lately, it makes sense to see spots that have been empty all winter start to fill up as February runs into March. Most days, we run and we're the only living things in sight along the lake. I let her off the leash and she tags along but is free to take any quick side trips until I yell for her to catch up and she tears ass past me. Occasionally we'll see the recurring people also out with us. But if we head to the golf course, we'll be the only two out there.

Lately though there have been more and more people showing up. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I own the lakefront and I'm happy to share. If anything, I shouldn't be letting the dog off leash when it pisses me off so much to see it happen at other times (although running in an empty park is slightly different from walking in Lincoln Park). And even though it makes running a little challenging I welcome more people coming out, if only b/c it means spring is almost here and we'll be done with snow soon.

Ultimately what it boils down to is I need to find a job so I don't have time to run everyday, even though I have settled in to a nice run-bike-insanity dvd routine. It always boils down to the job search.
What do you mean stop?

Current beer-scale: 7.1

No comments: