8/16/09

go cubs go

So what exactly could drive me to hammer down old style all day Friday other than a cubs game? And with great seats at that. Actually, the seats originally were merely "pretty good," but transitioned to "great" after the first inning when we made it down into the 100 level.
This was seen a lot on Friday.

I frown on scalpers, but after a liter of Strong Boch at Uberstein I was willing to negotiate a little walking around wrigley. Ended up with two 200-level seats for $100 right before first pitch. Made it in to see some parachuters landing before things got started.
Our original seats. Not bad by any stretch.

Eventually we made it down to the 100-level to watch the cubs absolutely creaming the pirates. 10 runs in the second and honestly the rest of the afternoon is kind of a blur. I admit, I feel a little like a douche considering while I was paying attention and appreciating exactly how much of a beatdown the cubs were delivering, I can't help but feel that as fuzzy as memories of the game seem I was "one of those" cubs fans on Friday.
Our new seats. I'm glad I at least have some photographic evidence that I saw this game.

Evidently I was able to text some people, one of which ended up with extra tickets to Saturday's game too so it was back for game two the next day. It was strictly a water day though, to watch a closer 3-1 cubs win. By the time Gregg closed the game I was wishing I was able to think about beer with out feeling queasy.

The bad news, in so far as my general health, was that inbetween games we had plans to go out which resulted in said coconut mojito and mad hatters. The mojito was fantastic, so much so I find myself craving one even as jets still roar by overhead. The drinking's going to settle down for a while though, as the job search becomes priority one.

I'm not sure how much time I've going to devote on the job search here...everyone knows they suck and I'm more interested in how to cope with the process vs. the blood and guts of the process itself. If anything, the bike rides will get longer as I have more anxiety to work off. So hopefully something interesting will happen out there.

Current beer-scale: 4.2

No comments: