8/18/09

Fog, sushi

Without the distraction of a cubs weekend (and that's probably a good thing, considering Kevin Gregg), the dreariness of a job search is starting to sink in a little. It's only been a week today, and so far even though the wife's been fantastic I'm starting to feel a little down. I'm not going to lie, I think it'll take some doing to pull myself out of this.

Of course, there are positives. I left as soon as possible yesterday and didn't feel a bit bad about it. I was early enough to see the fog still melting off the lakefront path in the afternoon after a day and a half of rain.

Even more rain was on the way though, which I walked to cyclesmithy through in the evening. You know what doesn't help with a bad attitude? Getting a flat on your way home.

Getting visible fog in the shot didn't really make up for the flat later.

This has nothing to do with either losing your job or getting flats, but the wife and I did try a new restaurant over the weekend and for the most part liked it. We went to Tsuki on Fullerton, which is honestly hard to be objective about b/c we're both satisfied with dominick's sushi, let alone dining out. But it was pretty good.I had a mango tuna platter, and she went with garden and tempura rolls. Those are my california rolls in the foreground as well.So what did we find out? That we're not sushi snobs, and sushi's not enough to pull me out of the funk I find myself falling into. Bummer. I think it's time to start drinking more. Always worth a shot.

Current beer-scale: 8.8

No comments: