6/23/09

wake up!

Nothing like a near-dooring to jar you out of a groove that's practically become a rut.

The beauty in having to overcome complacency, whether it's in work, your personal life, or on a bike, is that change is a constant of modern life. If you're unhappy, do something about it. And if you are happy, or at least content, be ready for that to change too. Because there's always someone ready to open a door in your metaphorical bike lane.

I shouldn't get too comfortable anyway, b/c it's time to move and my commute is about to get even shorter, not that I would have thought that possible. It will make things easier this winter at least.

That's at least 6 months away though, and I need to quit doing that. I shouldn't be thinking about getting winter gloves when the heat index is finally approaching triple digits. It's time to enjoy the heat and remember to not leave the house without the liberal application of gold bond and water for the dog. It's not time to start worrying about winter comfort on the bike. Shorts and a t-shirt will work for now.

The lake smelled terrific today. I already need some vacation time, but having that beach smell haunt me on the way to the office is not a pleasant feeling. It's summer dammit--that's no time for work.

Current beer-scale: 8.1

No comments: