5/7/09

I love racing home a rain storm.
There's a charge in the air when before a big storm rolls in, and that only gets better as you're trying to beat that storm home. It's one of my favorite times to ride. So much so I was taking one-handed phone pics on the way (so I guess I wasn't trying very hard to beat the rain).I still went long and turned around, but was bummed to see the sun try to peak out as I was turning around. I thought it might not actually rain, but as soon as I was home with the dog it opened up. An all-together great ride.One thing bugged me though; the human salmon I almost ran over. Bike salmon are one thing--they're dumb enough to be on the wrong side of the path but fast enough to move when they have to. Human salmon are not, which makes sense b/c they're basically the bottom of the evolutionary barrel. Their eyes just get wider as they freeze in place on the wrong side of the path at the sight of someone where they're actually supposed to be barreling towards them. I'm doing the next one a favor and obliterating him.


Current beer-scale: 7.1 (it's my Friday!)

No comments: