5/31/09

more of this=long week

I don't know if I have the energy to watch back to back Stanley Cup games, let alone how someone would be able to play them. While I appreciate the no-wait instant gratification of getting another game tonite, I'd rather see the team I'm rooting for with everyone in their mid-30's get a day or two to rest, especially after the previous series.

It's the same kind of head-down "let's get this started" that I approached my commute home today with, but at least now I have beer. I knew it would be rough, but after spending the entire day watching the sun shine off the lake I had to take the path home just to be out there for a while. I should learn to ignore my instincts better.

A picture perfect afternoon of sun on the lake...

Yeah, it was great out. I can't complain about everyone else being out there either, b/c what can you expect in Chicago on a great day. Expecting it doesn't mean anyone slows the fuck down and isn't a total douchebag though. And that includes me, after passing enough groups biking or skating 3 across and getting cut off by someone who couldn't figure out how to downshift when he couldn't make it up the hill in front of us. All the spandex in the world might help you look like you know what you're doing, but if you can't actually figure it out on the road get out of the damn way.

I think I'm just anti-spandex. Unless it's one with a brewer logo on it. That's about it. Anti-spandex, unless it's pro-beer. Speaking of which, it's time for some hockey (maybe I should approach the next commute like a skate and just start checking people).

More amber ale. Always more amber ale.

Current beer-scale: 5.7

No comments: