4/12/09

Woo hoo, product review time!

I can't really review anything yet since I'm not going open-eared until it's consistently in the 50's and today was the first ride with a slime tire-liner in, but I'm crazy about both products so far. Guess I could have saved the helmet until after I'd replaced the pedals, but whatever.

After another slow leak Thursday, I took a closer look at the 23's on the good bike and still couldn't find anything that would explain another puncture. There are some tire wires fraying out of the side wall, but lining them up with the tube, they weren't anywhere near where the leak was. Rather than give up and buy a new tire set, I picked up said tire-liner. It was actually slimy, which surprised me, but after fitting it in over a new tube, the tire's rock solid and delivered a really smooth ride in this morning (which I extended about an extra mile). Fingers crossed this actually leads to a solution for an extended time.

The big news was my helmet arriving this weekend though. As if I wasn't looking forward to warmer weather enough. I literally cannot wait to start wearing this around. Helmets might not always be the highest of fashion, but if I'm going to wear one it might as well be one that makes me laugh every time I see it.

Ah, spring. Good times.

Current beer-scale: 6.1

No comments: