4/13/09

Don't go don't go!

Looking for any excuse to either stay away from the office for a few extra minutes or bike a little more to get not quite so fat, the commute got a little longer this morning. Longer, but not any faster b/c someone absolutely dropped the hammer on me after we turned onto the lakefront path. I wasn't on her wheel or anything to begin with since she pulled onto the path from the north-side of the street's sidewalk and I was making my way on the street, but sweet jesus did she take off.

It didn't hurt my pride too much. I wasn't in any rush so to make sure I got in late today, I went a few extra exits on the path. It wasn't too windy, and the sun was just starting to try to break through the clouds over the lake. Wet, sandy, and cold but all in all well worth a few extra minutes.
Hard to take a picture from the bike sometimes though. I wanted to be late, but not "let's stop and dawdle with a cell phone" late. Still fun to try, especially now that it's pouring and I have a semi-clear reminder of some sun and sand. So much for that cubs home opener today.
Current beer-scale: 5.1

No comments: