4/30/09

No chance to stop in the rain and take another picture, but if I had it would have been of me whizzing down Belmont past everyone backed up after some imbecile hit a pole getting on to LSD. Fantastic. Frankenbike performs admirably in the rain, so I'm trying not to complain about the postal service losing the package containing the tires I ordered almost two weeks ago. I'm stuck on the old bike until I have tirest that are still in one piece, but in the rain that's not an issue.

What could become an issue if it does indeed stay crappy is my growing refusal to keep wearing pants on bike rides. It's time for shorts, dammit. Or at least old pants hemmed into knicker-length bike shorts. I'd take a picture of my soaking wet shorts from today, but that would have meant crotch pictures and it's not that kind of blog.

Hopefully we don't have rain tomorrow, when the Cubs limp back to Wrigley after getting their asses handed to them last night in Arizona. Fingers crossed.

Current beer-scale: 6.1 (and krausened like Old Style)

No comments: