3/23/09

"The bike path is that way!"

And yet, there I was on the street.

If you're going to yell something at a bike commuter on the road, you should be mandated to slow down listen to their reply. It's the considerate thing. Don't deprive me of my chance to give a witty retort by speeding away like a douche. Stay slow and take it like a man.

This all happened today while I made an extended trip home via REI to check out a new warm weather helmet. My old one is pretty funky, having reached the 3+years mark and been out in all sorts of conditions.

I don't really use this space to badmouth anything other than rude drivers and bikers, but when it comes to REI I don't know why I bother. I've only been to two locations a handful of times, but I've never actually found what I was originally there looking for. I was hoping this would be different, as it was the first visit to the Lincoln Park store but no luck. True, I have a huge head. To get a winter helmet with room for a head-layer underneath, I had to go super-huge with this XL Macon. I couldn't even find a helmet large enough to try on. If you've got a huge head, don't bother with REI.

Oh well. It's not like it's suddenly spring out or anything, and I can leave a hat on during the commute for a while longer.

Current beer-scale: 6.6

No comments: