1/15/09

no rides = no fun

Alright, no more bitching about winter. After another flat Monday, I've been driving this week. I find it helpful to try and acheive a meditative state while the car is warming up before I'm actually driving. That way, I'm not grinding my teeth as I'm stuck in traffic or see a biker pass me.

I've only seen two bikes the rest of this week, which kind of surprises me. But I'd rather be surprised than overly jealous so hooray scarce bike traffic. My latest flat could probably be contributed to any number of things; the cold, a pinch from the tire, but is probably due to patches of the sidewall being completely shredded. I noticed them while putting in the most recent tube and just hoped they wouldn't have any impact for a few weeks. I got about three rides out of the new tube. The worst part--the dreadful feeling of the tire flatting and hoping against hope it wasn't actually flat. No such luck.

Eventually, I'll replace the tire and try one more time to keep biking. I did realize yesterday that I have less than two months until I'd usually be starting back up anyway, so spring is right around the corner. For now, I'll try to not hate driving.

Current beer-scale: 6.5

No comments: