11/24/08

Back on the saddle

With a Sunday off and a chance for an actual full-on weekend, I had some extra time to replace a tube and play with the old one. If this was a how-to blog I'd have pictures of snipping off the end of the presta valve and squeezing some slime in, then re-inflating a repaired tube. But it's not, so let's just say everything's back on (thank christ) and that even in the rain/snow I was happy to be biking again vs driving.

I was fairly anxious about doing any kind of maintenance outside of cleaning/lubing on the rush hour. I'm not the most handy and even though I retro-fitted Frankenbike, it's called Frankenbike for a reason. It's not pretty, and even though looks aren't really what I care about as far as my ride, things were running pretty smoothly pre-flat and I wanted it to stay that way. I lack a certain level of confidence when it comes to any kind of mechanical maintenance, and with good reason. Things seem to be running alright for now though.

So it was off into the rain/snow this morning that even the dog didn't want to be out in. Ah, fall.

Current beer-scale: 6.4

No comments: