9/22/08

Whew! Temps in the 80's the day before it's officially fall? Yes, please. Yes it gives seasonal bikers a bigger window to clog up bike lanes, but who really cares when it's this nice this late? I'll put up with having to slam on the brakes every once in a while if I can breeze home in a t-shirt. Give me as much time as possible to complete this cluster-fuck of a winter bike and keep things warm until vacation time next month.

I might feel differently if I was baking away in Soldier Field yesterday watching the Bears gag away a fourth quarter lead. Nevermind about that specific loss but that senario is one of the worst experiences I've ever had. Red from the sun, watching a football team flail away while the clock can't tick down fast enough. Add overtime to the mix and it's not something I'd want to put anyone through. A win makes it bearable, a loss makes it miserable.

My wife always gives me a hard time about this. Football isn't the only thing to look forward to in the fall, but for me it's what dictates the tone of the season. A good ND team, a good Bears team, and fall is a great time of year. Good football makes lousy weather a lot easier to deal with. I don't even want to think about bad football. The nicest apple donuts in the world can't make up for colder weather if your football teams are losing.

Current beer-scale: 6.5

No comments: