9/23/08

A little "meh" after Heroes last night. I have to admit when I came home with the dog with the first episode half-over, my enthusiasm for catching up was pretty low. But why tivo if you're not going to take advantage of not having to schedule things around tv? At least Elle was back in the second hour, even if her brief glance at Weevil did give me a momentary twinge of VM regret. Let's hope Chuck brings it next week.

One month and counting until vacation time. Unbelievably, I feel like I could use a break from the commute just as much as from work. I can't nail down a specific incident, but I've been getting a lot of bad vibes lately. Nasty looks from drivers rolling into traffic, buses who don't seem to care they're pulling over directly in front of a group of bikes, even other bikers who roll along blissfully ignoring calls of "on your left." I guess this is what people mean when they're talking about the lack of biking infrastructure on our roads.

I know it's alright to miss a day every now and then, but with such great weather I can't imagine not biking. Missing a day like today would be worse than having a crappy ride, and I would feel like an idiot stuck in traffic with the windows down. But the rides just have not been fun lately.

I'm still excited to take a bike tour in San Francisco, so I don't think it's the actual biking getting me down. The change of scenery will probably do me good. At least I hope so.

Current beer-scale: 7.6

No comments: