7/20/08

WHEW!

I don't think I've stopped smiling since walking out of the IMAX last night, and that even included dealing with the horrendous Navy Pier crowds and waiting for the pathetic fireworks show. That was one of the most satisfying film experiences I've ever had; at times during the film I couldn't believe how note-perfect the dialogue and performances were. I was completely awe-struck at points, and that doesn't even include the IMAX-induced vertigo from people jumping off buildings or zip-lining through the neighborhood.

Even afterwards, having a beer and waiting for it to get late enough for the fireworks to start being able to sit back and go over the scenes that stuck out to people was fantastic. To have a (jeez this is sounding a little too AICN) communal experience like that about a film I was already excited about was fantastic. My expectations were pretty high going in, and I was not disappointed. I was still hearing the main theme in my head on the way to work this morning and loving the entire ride. The highest possible praise for this film, and if you love Chicago or just love film in general, see it on IMAX.

Current beer-scale: 3.1

No comments: