7/23/08

Sigh. Not every day can be "Dark Knight" exciting, but hopefully this Thursday or Friday can be second-time exciting. Which, I admit, isn't quite as good but would still be a blast. Someone asked me how I liked it this morning, and all I could think to say was "I'm kind of sorry I can't see it again for the first time. It was a blast." Somehow I think the second time will live up to expectations though.

And if it doesn't, I can't complain. The wife actually suggested going again once we realized our Thursday dinner plans might not work out. Which just blows me away, b/c we were going to make that dinner our second anniversary dinner since we don't have to work the next day. But with other weekend plans shaping up and possibly giving us reasons to move dinner to the actual date, she made her suggestion. Just another sign I married the right woman, and now kind of feel pressure to make that extra clear when we do end up going to dinner.

What's a good second anniversary surprise? We actually already exchanged gifts, and by "exchanged gifts" I mean picked out something we thought we'd both enjoy and ordered them online. A blistered thumbs up to Guitar Hero III so far and Veronica Mars' third season. Now that I think about it, maybe we should have saved both of those for next year's anniversary, but oh well. Something to think about for next year. Whatever we end up getting, the process has worked so far.

This kind of thing is a lot easier to handle working downtown. The only thing I really miss about working directly downtown is being able to kill an hour or more (usually more) walking around looking for gift ideas. Or reading every graphic novel in borders. But when you can visit every conceivable type of store in a matter of minutes, shopping gets pretty easy. It's easy to surprise someone with something you've picked up at lunch. My surprise options are slightly more limited these days; it's hard to find that something special when all you really have a chance to stop at is walgreens.

One more random thought and I'll call it a day. Unbelievably, our anniversary is also the dog's birthday. Well, maybe not "unbelievably" b/c we arbitrary decided this two days before our wedding as we were getting ready to host a pre-rehearsal dinner casual bbq for people already in town. Anyway, that's her on the left. We adopted her on the 1st of October and she was about nine weeks old, which translates to around the end of July. So we decided what the hell, let's just make sure everyone gets presents on that day next year, and it's her birthday now too. I don't know what's harder to believe, that I've been married two years or that we've had that turd of a dog for nearly three. Amazing.

Current beer-scale: 6.8

No comments: