5/23/08

Currently I'm at an 8.4 on the beer-scale. What is the beer-scale you ask? The beer-scale is a rating, self-evaluated, gauging exactly how badly you want a beer at any given moment. It's on a scale of 1-10, although scores of 0 or 11 are both possible but not pleasant places to be. A score of 0 basically means that while you might want a beer, you're already so drunk your brain has decided it's safer to stop motor function than risk having another beer and you've passed out. A score of 11 places you well past "wanting" a beer, seeing as how you've already had 3 eye-openers just to get dressed that morning. Neither are good scores.

An 8.4, while relatively high on the scale, thankfully doesn't really effect my schedule for the rest of the day. And since I only have about 5 hours until I go home, I can see that dipping maybe as low as the high-6 range if things quiet down at the office. Definitely a manageable score.

No comments: