9/12/14

yeah, maybe I'm not so interested

Why is it the interviews you're least interested in keep you waiting the longest to get started?  It's only a chance to work myself into saying "Thanks, no thanks" before things even get started.

Obviously I had a phoner today, and actually I think I conducted myself quite well considering my initial look at the description had me wondering why exactly they were calling me.  But it was a director-level position and it might not have gone too poorly.

The best thing about it was as I was talking, two different people came by to shush me.  Yeah, fuck you.  I keep thinking I want to move into a more student services-focused role, but every interaction I have with actual students tells me that might not be the case.  I guess it's good that I just applied for a Dean of Students role then.

I'm drinking this weekend, but I'm going to try and keep it level.  "Try" being the operative word.

Current beer-scale: 7.3

No comments: