9/25/14

just gotta keep at it

I admit I'm starting to get a little down about looking for a job.  It's been over 9 months now, and even with one offer and a couple more close calls, it feels like I've run dry on what could happen next.  Not a great feeling to have.

Actually, I think I've been looking now for almost as long as I did when I was fully unemployed, which is depressing.  Things started off pretty well but every additional day I spend stuck at my desk doing grunt work is starting to wear me down. 

September's been a pretty slow month resume-wise.  And with the holidays coming up it looks like things will be slow for the rest of the year.  Dammit.  I really didn't want to spend another holiday season in this office.

There's a job open in the university at a different office and I'm on the fence about applying.  I've had a bad experience doing so prior, and I don't really think a lateral move does me much good right now.  So it sounds like I'm not on the fence anymore.  That's progress, I guess.

Current beer-scale: TNF 7.1

No comments: