8/18/14

Noooooooooooo! Overdone...

We got a call over the weekend from the inlaws, saying they were at "the meat store" and asking if we wanted anything.  Never one to turn down free meat, I said to pick us up some steaks.

"The meat store?" I asked.  Don't they mean the butcher?

No, apparently they meant the meat store, b/c they were at a meat warehouse in the west loop that sounded absolutely crazy.  And they came back with the best looking t-bones I've seen in a while, and some fatty looking ribeyes.
That's the ribeyes on the grill last night.  If I had taken them off then, I likely would have been in heaven.  Unfortunately I let my paranoia about how thick they were ruin me, and I left them on until they hit medium.  Just about right for the wife, too much for me.  Bummer.

But they were still tasty, and I know to take it a little easier on the t-bones next time.  Not a bad way to wrap up a weekend that included a trip to Thomas day and some day drinking on Saturday.

Current beer-scale: an unhappy Monday 8.4

No comments: